Great careers start with great training. The people of Banner Health are focused on delivering excellent care to our patients. In return, we are committed to excellence in personal development for all our team members. Apply today.
Be part of a team that focuses on developing creative provider compensation solutions for Banner Health. The Provider Compensation department uses independent external market data to objectively evaluate and advise on provider compensation so that Banner Health is making the best long-term strategic decisions to recruit, engage, and retain providers.
As a Provider Compensation Consultant , you will perform financial analysis of compensation arrangements by and between employed or community health care providers and Banner Health, or its affiliates. Your areas of focus will include market research on physician compensation rates and trends, performing detailed valuation analyses, excel-based modeling, project management, and general understanding of health care regulatory matters. As a team member of the HR Provider Compensation team, you will perform financial analyses, communicate key findings and observations to cross-organizational departments, and administer the physician and APP compensation program.
Your pay and benefits are important components of your journey at Banner Health. Banner Health offers a variety of benefits to help you and your family. We provide health and financial security options so you can focus on being the best at what you do and enjoying your life.
Within Banner Health Corporate, you will have the opportunity to apply your unique experience and expertise in support of a nationally-recognized healthcare leader. We offer stimulating and rewarding careers in a wide array of disciplines. Whether your background is in Human Resources, Finance, Information Technology, Legal, Managed Care Programs or Public Relations, you'll find many options for contributing to our award-winning patient care.
POSITION SUMMARY Administers compensation programs, policies, and processes that attract and retain the organization's talent, ensuring alignment with organizational goals and compliance with applicable regulations. Conducts analysis and develops market competitive compensation recommendations spanning all levels/roles in the organization. Will also work on a cross-functional team to evaluate roles in the organization to ensure appropriate leveling and titling of positions. Counsels management and internal HR teams on pay practices, policies and incorporation of compensation philosophy in compensation decisions. Responds to employee questions as necessary. Leads compensation activities for a business line, including conducting market analyses and acting as the team lead. Leads cyclical compensation planning processes such as, salary structure review and development, bonus and base pay planning. Develops and delivers management reporting, communications, presentations and training to increase understanding and awareness of compensation programs and their linkages to other HR programs. Creates and maintains financial models to help the organization measure and monitor compensation expenses.
CORE FUNCTIONS 1. Provides facility management with regular and ongoing analysis of facility application and management of compensation programs and practices. Identifies areas of concern and recommends solutions. Accesses and interprets data from a variety of sources to gain full understanding of facility needs and options. Partners with other compensation staff to achieve regional and system-wide workforce solutions.
2. Conducts market research as needed to resolve questions and identify trends. Locates appropriate sources of market data, and applies statistical analysis tools. Conducts market analysis for annual, region or system-wide salary range adjustments. May serve as liaison to designated professional groups to develop and communicate market adjustment proposals. Assures that all parties are fully engaged and involved in data gathering and problem-solving using a multi-disciplinary approach. Supports facilities and work groups by performing and implementing equity analyses.
3. Provides analytical and data support on compensation-related projects, development and implementation of compensation pilots and programs intended to address business and staffing challenges. Determines appropriate data needed a and summarizes results verbally and/or in the appropriate written format to assist department in documentation and presentations. Makes recommendations regarding the best method to track data.
4. Analyzes data to prepare or coordinate preparation of reports which assist in monitoring the use and effectiveness of pay programs. Performs detailed analysis of proposed and existing programs. Analyzes activity to help identify trends and inconsistencies to determine if compensation program objectives have been met. Distributes to appropriate parties on an ongoing basis or as assigned. Supports competitive and market survey data activities including purchase, participation and compensation data entry.
5. Maintains position description database and HRIS job tables and performs audits to ensure data is stored accurately and effectively. Works with an eye on streamlining and improving department processes, making recommendations as needed.
6. Acts as facility compensation resource as needed. May partner with facility/business entity Human Resources to provide guidance on compensation philosophy, principles and practices to facility management staff. May provide formal training and supports Human Resources in individual coaching of facility managers on effective utilization, communication, and management of compensation programs.
7. This position will interface with all members of the compensation team as well as with other departments as related to compensation research or regular data sharing. This position may also interface with senior management as required when involved in large scale projects. Analysis and recommendations will be used by management in decision-making across the organization. Department projects will rely on the information developed by this individual.
Must possess a knowledge of business or human resources as normally obtained through the completion of a bachelor's degree in business, human resources or related field.
Must possess a knowledge and background in business and/or Human Resources, preferably in Compensation, as typically demonstrated through three to five years of related experience. Must demonstrate effective relationship development/management skills and ability to effectively communicate in individual and group settings. Advanced spreadsheet and relational database skills, with ability to write, run and organize queries and reports. Requires the ability to analyze complex data and identify pertinent information and trends through the use of graphic illustration. Able to access meaningful information in literature and internet searches. Requires excellent attention to detail, commitment to follow through, ability to work independently with general oversight, and respect for established deadlines. Strong skills in verbal and written communications are necessary.
CCP (Certified Compensation Professional) certification through WorldatWork preferred. Health care experience is a plus.
Additional related education and/or experience preferred.
Internal Number: R1669
About Banner Health
You want to change the health care industry – one life at a time. You belong here. You’re excited to be part of the dramatic changes happening in the health care field. In fact, you thrive on change. But you also understand that excellent, compassionate patient care is the true measure of the success of these changes. You belong at Banner Health. Our award-winning, comprehensive health system includes 23 hospitals in seven western states, primary care health centers, research centers, labs, a network of physician practices and much more. Throughout our system, skilled, compassionate professionals use the latest technology to change the way care is provided. If you’re looking to be a key contributor to a forward-looking organization, you’ll experience a wide variety of professional advantages: •Our vision for changing the future of health care gives you the opportunity to leverage your abilities to achieve something historic. •Our expansive system offers you an unmatched variety of clinical settings – from large urban trauma center to small rural hospital, ambulatory to home health. Our system also includes hospitals specializing in cancer, heart health and pediatrics. •Our many loc...ations also translate into a broad selection of exciting and rewarding lifestyle options – from the big city to the wide-open spaces. •Our commitment to healthcare innovation means you always have the latest technologies at your fingertips to help you provide the finest care possible. •The size, success and growth of our system provide you with the stability and options to pursue your desired career path. •Our competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits offer you options to complement your unique needs.