Healthcare is constantly changing, and at Banner Health , we are at the front of that change. We are leading health care to make the experience the best it can be. We want to change the lives of those in our care - and the people who choose to take on this challenge. If changing health care for the better sounds like something you want to be part of, we want to hear from you.
Do you want to solve new and exciting digital challenges? Do you want to create meaningful design that has a big impact on people's lives? We're looking for out-of-the-box design thinkers to join Banner Health's Digital Experience team as they create innovative and intuitive digital consumer health experiences. The Digital Experience team works on a wide range of digital products from a passport native app to all things Banner, to voice solutions for easy appointment scheduling, to patient rehab apps, to internal physician workflow and care solutions. On the Digital Experience team you'll be at the forefront of Banner Health's digital transformation. You'll be armed with the latest tools, technology, and methodologies to innovate and solve real-world healthcare challenges. Bring your best ideas and design thinking to our greenfield approach to healthcare.
Your pay and benefits (Total Rewards) are important components of your Journey at Banner Health. Banner Health offers a variety of benefit plans to help you and your family. We provide health and financial security options so you can focus on being the best at what you do and enjoying your life
Within Banner Health Corporate, you will have the opportunity to apply your unique experience and expertise in support of a nationally-recognized healthcare leader. We offer stimulating and rewarding careers in a wide array of disciplines. Whether your background is in Human Resources, Finance, Information Technology, Legal, Managed Care Programs or Public Relations, you'll find many options for contributing to our award-winning patient care.
POSITION SUMMARY The Senior User Interface and User Experience (UI/UX) designer role works to create innovative and intuitive consumer health solutions. This role works directly with the leadership team and alongside front-end and back-end developers/engineering and is responsible for taking ideas from rough sketches through to complete products. This position takes ownership and can self-direct UI/UX of digital projects from inception to completion. This position has a direct and meaningful impact on our patient and consumer experience, pushing to identify new ways to connect emotionally, build trust and develop lasting relationships.
CORE FUNCTIONS 1. Leads important projects in design, development, documentation, debugging and support of the user interface to have best possible user experience. Articulates, develops and models the end user experience of the visual design of the application, to make user interaction simple, efficient and consistent. Prioritizes and manages work to adhere to critical project timelines in a fast-paced environment. Maintains awareness of ongoing departmental policy and management initiatives.
2. Works whiteboard sketches to full high fidelity digital experiences including responsive web, native mobile, voice, and emerging digital solutions. Collaborates with cross-functional teams to prioritize deliverables, manage and deliver design assets on time, as well as champion the best possible user experience for the brand. Ability to multitask and self-manage the deadlines of competing projects. Ability to handle projects/product from concept to completion and continually incorporate feedback to improve those projects/products.
3. Delivers modern and accessible digital experiences across a variety of platforms by creating user studies, user flows, wireframes, UI designs, prototypes, annotations and other deliverables. Creates cutting edge web and native UI transitions and animations and collaborate with front end developers and software engineers in their execution.
4. Creates user experiences that can be mapped directly to the business and user requirements of the project as well as clearly communicate the User Experience (UE) strategy. Assesses and optimizes the performance of new and existing features by actively participating in usability testing & user research, and interpreting analytics data.
5. Collaborates with managers, front end developers, software engineers, and fellow designers to craft the best translation of the brand and Banner services into compelling interactive experiences. Effectively communicates conceptual ideas and design rationale to fellow team members and leadership/consumers in absence of the design team director.
6. Develops, maintains, and upholds interactive style guides, design systems, and enterprise standards to assure continuity of experience across digital products. Stays up to date with UI/UX trends, programs, methodologies, and best practices to keep the department current with the best ways to deliver optimal digital experiences. Designs prototypes, visual interfaces and interaction of web-based applications. Designs and evaluates visual human interfaces utilizing user-centered design principles. Implements findings from usability testing & user research, and interpreting analytics data into the final user interface design product. Works with the product development team to design online user experiences. Ensures user experience is formulated to achieve the goals of the online entity.
7. Designs prototypes, visual interfaces and interaction of web-based applications. Designs and evaluates visual human interfaces utilizing user-centered design principles. Implements findings from usability testing & user research, and interpreting analytics data into the final user interface design product. Works with the product development team to design online user experiences. Ensures user experience is formulated to achieve the goals of the online entity. Takes ownership and can self-direct UI/UX of digital projects from inception to completion. Embodies a strong and helpful creative point of view inside the organization.
8. Mentors UI/UX designers on the team and provide direction in the absence of department leader. Collaborates with the department director to help elevate the overall digital experience.
9. Position is responsible for design/development of system learning products & projects and has freedom to determine how to best accomplish functions within established procedures. Provides guidance to Designers in leader's absence or as needed. Confers with leader on any unusual situations. Works independently; may instruct or coach other professionals.
Must possess a Bachelor's degree in Graphic Design, User Interface/Experience, Human Computer Interaction (HCI) or relevant field or equivalent level of experience and education. Strong knowledge of the operations in applicable area(s) of position responsibility, as normally attained through 8+ years in the interactive design field including experience in product design (e.g., responsive web, native app, and interactive displays) and brand marketing (e.g., campaigns, social). Must provide a portfolio that clearly demonstrates a mix of UX and UI skills and experience designing across multiple devices (responsive web, native, etc.)
Expertise in graphic design, web frameworks, systems design. Proven experience in inventive and collaborative environments completing projects on time and on budget and with exceptional outcomes. Experience working with engineering teams and a solid understanding of Agile product development. Strong working knowledge of various low- and high-fidelity prototyping techniques, including the ability to assess which techniques to apply in different scenarios.
Agency and interactive studio experience strongly preferred.
Additional related education and/or experience preferred.
Internal Number: R659
About Banner Health
You want to change the health care industry – one life at a time. You belong here. You’re excited to be part of the dramatic changes happening in the health care field. In fact, you thrive on change. But you also understand that excellent, compassionate patient care is the true measure of the success of these changes. You belong at Banner Health. Our award-winning, comprehensive health system includes 23 hospitals in seven western states, primary care health centers, research centers, labs, a network of physician practices and much more. Throughout our system, skilled, compassionate professionals use the latest technology to change the way care is provided. If you’re looking to be a key contributor to a forward-looking organization, you’ll experience a wide variety of professional advantages: •Our vision for changing the future of health care gives you the opportunity to leverage your abilities to achieve something historic. •Our expansive system offers you an unmatched variety of clinical settings – from large urban trauma center to small rural hospital, ambulatory to home health. Our system also includes hospitals specializing in cancer, heart health and pediatrics. •Our many loc...ations also translate into a broad selection of exciting and rewarding lifestyle options – from the big city to the wide-open spaces. •Our commitment to healthcare innovation means you always have the latest technologies at your fingertips to help you provide the finest care possible. •The size, success and growth of our system provide you with the stability and options to pursue your desired career path. •Our competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits offer you options to complement your unique needs.