You have a place in the health care industry. There's more to health care than IV bags and trauma rooms. We support all staff members as they find the path that is right for them. If you're looking to leverage your abilities - you belong at Banner Health. Apply today.
Join a dynamic team that executes HR strategy tools and initiatives, with focus on engaging and inspiring our team members and building on our Employer of the Future (EOTF) brand. Shape the culture through development of HR initiatives and materials that support attraction, retention, and operational routines. Collaborate with HR and Corporate Communications staff to execute holistic strategies to support Banner's 50,000 team members. Liaison to HR Field and Corporate teams; supports delivery of plans and programs.
As a Human Resources Strategy Senior Specialist , you will develop resources to support HR activities and routines, people-centered processes and programs that bring EOTF to life. Drive process improvements by applying HR knowledge and or operations experience and effective project management. Support and develop effective communications to foster change and optimize work processes. Collaborate and build strong partnership across Banner and within HR, with a specific focus on field relationships. Consult with various departments on HR initiatives to develop plans, strategies and processes to overcome issues.
Your pay and benefits are important components of your journey at Banner Health. Banner Health offers a variety of benefits to help you and your family. We provide health and financial security options so you can focus on being the best at what you do and enjoying your life.
Within Banner Health Corporate, you will have the opportunity to apply your unique experience and expertise in support of a nationally-recognized healthcare leader. We offer stimulating and rewarding careers in a wide array of disciplines. Whether your background is in Human Resources, Finance, Information Technology, Legal, Managed Care Programs or Public Relations, you'll find many options for contributing to our award-winning patient care.
POSITION SUMMARY This position has overall accountability for providing direction and administration of day-to-day operations for HR system strategy to ensure established goals are met. This includes consulting with various departments on HR initiatives and plans, developing strategies and processes to overcome issues and adding system level accountability throughout the organization. Is responsible for driving, supporting and modeling a top-notch service-oriented culture focused on employee engagement and people experience across all Banner entities. In addition, supports the strategic transformation and positioning of Human Resources (HR) for the organization. This position works collaboratively and serves as a resource to all functional HR leaders and their teams, management, and facility leaders to proactively identify, communicate and foster the implementation of a newly designed HR strategic framework which will improve performance and effectiveness of the HR organization. Ensures that HR strategy influences all major decisions and is aligned consistently with the organization's overall mission and vision.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS 1. Works with the HR Strategy Team to create plans to effectively define and execute initiatives and trainings, in conjunction with the system's priorities and assists with the implementation of the CHRO's goals and priorities. Support HR transformation and strategic alignment of the organization.
2. Drives process improvements focused on delivering effective routines, practices and project coordination. Promotes the use and implementation of technology in the workplace to streamline operations, facilitate communications, and optimize work processes. Identifies and implements opportunities for improvement that enhance the experience for Banner employees.
3. Builds, fosters and manages effective relationships and exhibits high levels of collaboration within a highly matrixed environment to actively assist in driving culture change. Partners with HR, system and facility leadership, to assist with developing, implementing and monitoring performance of the delivery of HR strategies, models and plans that result in improved HR efficiencies and long-term sustainability.
4. Supports the communication of the HR transformation process through coordination and communication across all functional areas and facilities/entities. Develops efficient communications and applies standardized communication methods to ensure maximum leverage of strategic messaging and other pertinent information across the organization or to selected audiences within the organization.
5. Supports and may lead multi-functional design and implementation teams in optimizing use of new HR technology and operational processes to ensure balance of functionality with operations and alignment to HR strategy. Includes the design and maintenance of tools that enable enhanced execution and project management within all Human Resource departments.
6. Collaboratively develops, implements and monitors a balanced scorecard framework for HR in partnership with the HR leadership team. Provides interface among management, workgroups, and the HR teams to access operational information and provide meaningful analytical information to assess and improve HR performance and effectiveness. Responsibilities include partnership development, coordination of activities and information exchanges with stakeholders and customers.
7. Keeps abreast of current HR issues by attending appropriate meetings and reviewing current literature. Assists with an annual HR environmental assessment, including analysis of demographic, utilization, regulatory and competitive trends around attracting the Employee of the future.
8. This position supports system-wide management functions of HR transformation for the organization while persuading others to adapt different perspectives. Partners with HR leadership of the system, region and operational business units. Interacts with all levels of the organization across multiple entities; provides guidance and consultation to leaders. Prioritized the value of improvements and must be able to appropriately manage resources including time, support and offering new solutions.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS Strong knowledge of healthcare operations and patient experience principles and practices as normally obtained through the completion of a Bachelor's Degree in business, Human Resources, or a related field.
Must have and a strong working knowledge of process improvement, customer service, driving a culture, change management, Human Resources, analysis & research, and project development as normally demonstrated through a minimum of five years relevant experience.
Experience implementing high quality services and programs in a corporate environment.
Proven track record of partnering with staff to achieve desired patient and employee experience outcomes.
Must have excellent oral, written and interpersonal communication skills to effectively interact and provide assistance to a diverse group of individuals and HR department leaders.
Advanced knowledge of process improvement principles and practices. Knowledge of conflict resolution strategies and techniques.
Must have a working knowledge of personal software packages.
Must have the ability to organize, prioritize and multi-task workload in a fast-paced environment.
Proficient use of written language in composing a variety of presentations, policies, procedures, and other applicable communication pieces.
Skilled in solving problems in order to facilitate the communication network between patient and hospital.
Skilled in maintaining composure and professional demeanor in difficult and stressful situations.
Skilled in effectively handling multiple conflicting assignments, demands, and priorities with great attention to detail; coaching non-direct report employees.
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS Master's Degree in Business, Communication, Human Resources, or related field; Bachelors or master's Degree in Education.
Additional related education and/or experience preferred.
Internal Number: R10203
About Banner Health
You want to change the health care industry – one life at a time. You belong here. You’re excited to be part of the dramatic changes happening in the health care field. In fact, you thrive on change. But you also understand that excellent, compassionate patient care is the true measure of the success of these changes. You belong at Banner Health. Our award-winning, comprehensive health system includes 23 hospitals in seven western states, primary care health centers, research centers, labs, a network of physician practices and much more. Throughout our system, skilled, compassionate professionals use the latest technology to change the way care is provided. If you’re looking to be a key contributor to a forward-looking organization, you’ll experience a wide variety of professional advantages: •Our vision for changing the future of health care gives you the opportunity to leverage your abilities to achieve something historic. •Our expansive system offers you an unmatched variety of clinical settings – from large urban trauma center to small rural hospital, ambulatory to home health. Our system also includes hospitals specializing in cancer, heart health and pediatrics. •Our many loc...ations also translate into a broad selection of exciting and rewarding lifestyle options – from the big city to the wide-open spaces. •Our commitment to healthcare innovation means you always have the latest technologies at your fingertips to help you provide the finest care possible. •The size, success and growth of our system provide you with the stability and options to pursue your desired career path. •Our competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits offer you options to complement your unique needs.