Health care is constantly changing, and at Banner Health, we are at the front of that change. We are leading health care to make the experience the best it can be. We want to change the lives of those in our care - and the people who choose to take on this challenge. If changing health care for the better sounds like something you want to be part of, we want to hear from you.
The Enterprise Architecture team at Banner Health focuses on successful delivery of strategic business goals by building enterprise scale and actionable roadmaps and standards. In this role is an integral part of a unique and industry leading Architecture Center of Excellence. You will be collaborating with leaders across the Banner Enterprise to solve important business problems and provide guidance to ensure the efficient and effective application of technology to the provisioning of healthcare. You will directly contribute to making healthcare easier for our patients, so that their lives can be better.
This position is located in Phoenix, Arizona and will report to the Director of Enterprise Architecture.
Your pay and benefits (Total Rewards) are important components of your Journey at Banner Health. Banner Health offers a variety of benefit plans to help you and your family. We provide health and financial security options, so you can focus on being the best at what you do and enjoying your life.
Within Banner Health Corporate, you will have the opportunity to apply your unique experience and expertise in support of a nationally-recognized healthcare leader. We offer stimulating and rewarding careers in a wide array of disciplines. Whether your background is in Human Resources, Finance, Information Technology, Legal, Managed Care Programs or Public Relations, you'll find many options for contributing to our award-winning patient care.
POSITION SUMMARY This position is responsible for developing the architectural artifacts, models, patterns, and transition initiatives and activities ensuring strategic initiatives and goals are achievable, operationally efficient, technically sound, and accounted for. In addition, this position has responsibility for one or more architecture domains including business and clinical application, data, technology, and security architecture. Acting as a contributing member of the enterprise architecture team this role will develop architectural artifacts, roadmaps, and strategy documentation. This role will educate and influence key stakeholders throughout the enterprise, acting as an advocate and steward for our information assets.
CORE FUNCTIONS 1. Supports the development and support of the IT Capability Model and Matrix. Analyzes the business and IT environment to detect critical deficiencies and\or redundancies and recommend solutions for improvement.
2. In collaboration with a team of architects, develops and maintains capability documentation, targets architecture and partners with IT and the Business to develop architectures in support of strategic initiatives, goals, and industry trends.
3. Serves as a credible expert advisor to executives on the appropriateness of current and future technologies based on the highest level of TCO, ROI, and strategic value to the business.
4. Maintains in-depth knowledge of business strategies and goals as well as industry trends and regulatory requirements, both current and future.
5. Develops and fosters relationships with business stakeholders and information technology management.
6. Advises functional leaders and executives making strategic investments in applications, databases, technologies, systems, services, or processes as a result of architectural development.
7. Operates as company's highest level expert in the Information Architecture discipline.
8. Ensures consistent adherence to standards for architectural artifact documentation and implementation.
9. The position will report to an IT Director, but will self-manage time based on goals and priorities set forth by leadership. This position will be accountable for the development of complex architecture documentation and presentations based on business and technical requirements, based on business, operational, and achievable goals. This position participates in meetings, presentations, visioning sessions, planning sessions, implementation activities, and supports functions system wide.
Requires Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or equivalent work experience in a related field.
Requires minimum of 10 years technical experience in architecture, design, and/or project management, including minimum of 8 years of experience architecting or delivering large scale information technology environments. Must possess proven track record of providing end-to-end technical thought leadership on large scale initiatives that integrate multiple complex systems. Requires knowledge of multiple programming languages, database products, computing environments, hardware architectures and integration strategies. Must have proven experience solving complex problems in a multi-platform systems environment, including on-premise and Cloud / XaaS solutions and must have knowledge of EA frameworks such as TOGAF, Zachman or FEAF. Requires demonstrated comprehensive expert knowledge and exceptional insight into the information technology industry and broad knowledge of business process including disaster recovery, business continuity and risk management. Must possess excellent verbal and written communication and persuasion skills; able to collaborate and engage effectively with technical and non-technical resources, speaking the language of the business and have ability to communicate and influence at all levels.
Graduate degree preferred.
Additional related education and/or experience preferred.
Internal Number: R15109
About Banner Health
You want to change the health care industry – one life at a time. You belong here. You’re excited to be part of the dramatic changes happening in the health care field. In fact, you thrive on change. But you also understand that excellent, compassionate patient care is the true measure of the success of these changes. You belong at Banner Health. Our award-winning, comprehensive health system includes 23 hospitals in seven western states, primary care health centers, research centers, labs, a network of physician practices and much more. Throughout our system, skilled, compassionate professionals use the latest technology to change the way care is provided. If you’re looking to be a key contributor to a forward-looking organization, you’ll experience a wide variety of professional advantages: •Our vision for changing the future of health care gives you the opportunity to leverage your abilities to achieve something historic. •Our expansive system offers you an unmatched variety of clinical settings – from large urban trauma center to small rural hospital, ambulatory to home health. Our system also includes hospitals specializing in cancer, heart health and pediatrics. •Our many loc...ations also translate into a broad selection of exciting and rewarding lifestyle options – from the big city to the wide-open spaces. •Our commitment to healthcare innovation means you always have the latest technologies at your fingertips to help you provide the finest care possible. •The size, success and growth of our system provide you with the stability and options to pursue your desired career path. •Our competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits offer you options to complement your unique needs.