Great careers are built at Banner Health. We understand that talented health care professionals appreciate having options. We are proud to offer our team members many career and lifestyle choices throughout our network of facilities. Apply today, this could be the perfect opportunity for you.
In Wheatland, Wyoming you'll enjoy a quality lifestyle in a close-knit community that is located just 70 miles north of Wyoming's capital city of Cheyenne and an easy drive to the city of Denver. You'll experience a wealth of recreational opportunities in southern Wyoming, including many lakes and the nearby Laramie Peak and Medicine Bow National Forest areas.
As a Security Officer, you will patrol the facilities and grounds and assist with the welfare and safety of the employees and patients at Banner. The mission of our security team is to provide the highest level of security service to the entire Banner Health organization and the communities we serve. We are continuously focused on redefining health care security and the customer experience through innovation and relentless improvement. Our goals are to enhance the patient experience through every interaction. Improve and sustain professional growth of every security team member through relevant high-quality training. Foster a culture of safety to engage and inspire people to make the workplace a safer environment. You will be able to cultivate greater communication and collaboration with internal and external partners. Come join our team of security officers and take advantage of the unique opportunity we have to help keep our Western Region safe. There are three different shifts that we are hiring for. Two full time 40 hour per week positions with a shift of Monday - Friday from 6am - 2pm or 2pm-10pm and one part time 20 hour a week weekend shift of Saturday and Sunday from 10am-8pm.
Within Banner Health Corporate, you will have the opportunity to apply your unique experience and expertise in support of a nationally-recognized healthcare leader. We offer stimulating and rewarding careers in a wide array of disciplines. Whether your background is in Human Resources, Finance, Information Technology, Legal, Managed Care Programs or Public Relations, you'll find many options for contributing to our award-winning patient care.
POSITION SUMMARY This position patrols the facilities and grounds; assists with the welfare and safety of personnel and patients; investigates critical incidents; assists employees, patients and visitors; interfaces with emergency response agencies; secures doors; monitors parking and traffic control. Performs assigned security duties promptly and accurately. Works varied assignments and shifts.
CORE FUNCTIONS 1. Exhibits excellent interpersonal skills and be customer service oriented in all contacts with patients, visitors and staff.
2. Responds to all emergency codes for assistance and control. Patrols and inspects facility frequently to assist in maintaining a safer and more secure environment. Assists employees with security related matters, mediate disputes, conduct interviews, conduct searches, enforces parking regulations and traffic control. Serves as a security subject matter expert.
3. Assists medical staff in restraining and handling troubled/combative patients. Ensures security policies are being followed. Patrols unoccupied areas and sets the alarms when appropriate. Locks and unlocks facility doors at prescribed times. Conducts money pick-ups from departments, logs pick-ups and successfully delivers the contents to the appropriate destination department. Releases bodies from the morgue, ensuring that all paperwork is complete. Checks alarms to ensure they are in proper working order. Escorts patients, visitors and employees when required for security purposes. Participates in security lead training designed for staff.
4. Maintains current knowledge of applicable laws and regulations. Performs "citizen arrest" and demonstrate critical thinking skills during extremely stressful situations as needed.
5. Appropriately and effectively utilizes assigned non-lethal weapon according to policy and training.
6. Investigates and completes written reports of complaints, critical security incidents and unusual activities involving patients, employees and visitors. Maintains an accurate log of all relevant security activities during each shift.
7. Professionally testifies in criminal court, state hearings and review boards when required.
8. Based on area of assignment may assist in the maintenance and preservation of confidential health documents including scanning into electronic patient health information systems.
9. Position reports directly to the Security Supervisor, or OIC in their absence. This position interacts internally with staff, physicians, visitors, volunteers and patients. External customers are law enforcement agencies and emergency service agencies. The position is system wide and officers may be assigned to work at any facility as needed. This position will provide guidance and direction to staff, visitors and patients during a security emergency. This position will be required to proactively identify, deter and respond to security incidents.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS Must maintain required security certifications. Must possess a valid driver's license and be eligible for coverage under the company auto insurance policy.
Must possess the ability to make accurate observations and exercise good independent judgment in a variety of situations (including emergencies). Must demonstrate the ability to write comprehensive security reports. Must successfully complete all required security departmental training, including department specific annual training and mandatory training as assigned. Must successfully complete Banner Health Basic Officer Academy. Must present a professional appearance and demeanor at all times and must possess strong verbal communications skills. Must qualify and maintain proficiency with assigned non-lethal weapons. Must be able to demonstrate the ability to perform physical requirements of the position. Capabilities will be demonstrated through the successful completion of similarly related skills testing. Employees hired on or after January 1, 2019 will need to successfully demonstrate the physical requirements before starting in the role. Employees hired before January 1, 2019 must be able to successfully demonstrate the physical requirements by December 31, 2019. If upon initial evaluation, an employee is unable to successfully demonstrate the physical requirements, there will be a quarterly assessment administered. This physical skills assessment will then be conducted on an annual basis and employees must successfully meet the requirements to remain in role.
Employees working at Banner Behavioral Health Hospital must possess an Arizona Fingerprint Clearance Card at the time of hire and maintain the card for the duration of their employment.
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS Prefer prior law enforcement, military, Corrections, healthcare or advance security experience.
Additional related education and/or experience preferred.
Internal Number: R19006
About Banner Health
You want to change the health care industry – one life at a time. You belong here. You’re excited to be part of the dramatic changes happening in the health care field. In fact, you thrive on change. But you also understand that excellent, compassionate patient care is the true measure of the success of these changes. You belong at Banner Health. Our award-winning, comprehensive health system includes 23 hospitals in seven western states, primary care health centers, research centers, labs, a network of physician practices and much more. Throughout our system, skilled, compassionate professionals use the latest technology to change the way care is provided. If you’re looking to be a key contributor to a forward-looking organization, you’ll experience a wide variety of professional advantages: •Our vision for changing the future of health care gives you the opportunity to leverage your abilities to achieve something historic. •Our expansive system offers you an unmatched variety of clinical settings – from large urban trauma center to small rural hospital, ambulatory to home health. Our system also includes hospitals specializing in cancer, heart health and pediatrics. •Our many loc...ations also translate into a broad selection of exciting and rewarding lifestyle options – from the big city to the wide-open spaces. •Our commitment to healthcare innovation means you always have the latest technologies at your fingertips to help you provide the finest care possible. •The size, success and growth of our system provide you with the stability and options to pursue your desired career path. •Our competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits offer you options to complement your unique needs.