Great careers start with great training. The people of Banner Health are focused on delivering excellent care to our patients. In return, we are committed to excellence in personal development for all our team members. Apply today.
Arizona is a year-round destination. Sunny skies and low humidity prevail 300 days a year across the state. From awesome natural wonders to culinary treats, tribal lands, vibrant cities, world-class resorts, renowned golfing and historic Western towns, there are some truly breathtaking moments to be had in the Grand Canyon State.
You can be instrumental in this training by becoming Registered Nurse Clinical Education Specialist supporting the Critical Care Specialty teams in Tucson, Arizona. This position supports the system critical care teams for ICU and PCU education and provides educational support and instructor level education for AHA courses such as BLS, ACLS, and PALS. If you have any questions, please contact Debbie Hoekstra at email@example.com.
Within Banner Health Corporate, you will have the opportunity to apply your unique experience and expertise in support of a nationally-recognized healthcare leader. We offer stimulating and rewarding careers in a wide array of disciplines. Whether your background is in Human Resources, Finance, Information Technology, Legal, Managed Care Programs or Public Relations, you'll find many options for contributing to our award-winning patient care.
POSITION SUMMARY This position is responsible for enhancing clinical practice through planning, developing and conducting education for clinicians, providers and other key clinical services staff within assigned facility/entity, including evaluating the effectiveness of programs and providing guidance to staff and key leaders based on results. This position facilitates assessment and identification of ongoing learning needs for staff development programs. Designs and delivers programs that support the organization's mission, vision, values and strategic goals, implemented using the organization's framework for professional clinical practice and development.
CORE FUNCTIONS 1. Supports and develops staff within the facility/entity, including preceptors, new graduates and experienced clinicians, while acting as role model for proficient clinical practice and applications, patient safety and evidence-based practice. Supports an environment and infrastructure that promotes professional growth by serving as an education resource for clinical policy and procedures, standards of care and external agency requirements. Provides clinical leadership, establishing visibility and credibility.
2. Serves as a change agent and leader in the interpretation, implementation and evaluation of educational programs as related to the goals and initiatives of the organization. Participates in facility/entity, regional, and system development to ensure the standardization and consistent application of on-boarding and educational programs, which may include the preceptor program, clinical academies and clinical application implementations. Utilizes performance measures and workforce needs to drive education plans and learning strategies on a facility/entity level. Develops and implements strategic workforce learning and development services to support the achievement of workforce goals, quality initiatives and clinical practice.
3. Assures seamless orientation of new hires and/or transferring clinical staff by overseeing the orientation process from classroom to clinical area. Assesses, plans, implements, coordinates and facilitates on-boarding and ongoing clinical-related competencies. Assisting with ensuring clinical staff have access to requisite clinical and educational programs.
4. Assesses, plans, develops and delivers clinical curriculum, educational materials and developmental programs and services on a department, facility/entity, regional or system level (shared services) related to staff needs and quality and safety drivers. Incorporate evidence-based practice into all training and educational programs. Delivers learning opportunities that includes related materials for clinical and technical education while utilizing adult learning principles to deliver standardized content and materials. Facilitates learning utilizing multiple modalities appropriate to the content and the learner by adopting innovation and embracing technology to deliver on learning needs and accomplish learning goals. If/when functioning as a Nurse Planner: Responsible for all aspects of the development, implementation, evaluation, record keeping and quality of continuing education activities reviewed. Ensures all education providing continuing nursing education hours adheres to the American Nurses Credential Center (ANCC) Accreditation Program criteria and is consistent with the operational standards of a Provider Unit.
5. Evaluates learning effectiveness through perceptual feedback tools, knowledge-based testing and skills assessment. Evaluates and modifies educational opportunities, as needed. Coordinates and communicates feedback from trainees to ensure training needs are met, including establishing an effective classroom environment. Tracks and follows up on the results of evaluations and provides feedback to leadership and suggests opportunities to enhance training/learning or knowledge based programs. Coordinates, communicates, and incorporates feedback from trainees to ensure training needs are met to drive outcomes both short and long term. Establishes an effective classroom environment. Tracks and follows up on the results of evaluations. Provides feedback to leadership and suggests opportunities to enhance training/learning or knowledge based programs and expected behavior change. Tracks and/or maintains education enrollment, attendance and completion.
6. Participates in unit, facility/entity or system committees and teams in an educational capacity. Participates on committees and teams that research activities regarding new clinical and technical educational programs to increase quality and standards of care for the assigned facility/entity, region and/or system. Collaborates to support facility/ entity or system teams to implement the educational components of new practice initiatives and evidence based practice.
7. May provide feedback on annual budget for delivery of clinical educational programs.
8. This position is accountable for achieving clinical and technical competencies and workforce development opportunities within assigned facility/entity, supports regional and system opportunities and provides clinical leadership to support learning needs, design and delivery of curriculum using various learning strategies. Internal customers include all levels of clinical leadership and staff, medical staff and all other members of the interdisciplinary health care team. External customers include regulatory agencies, educational and community organizations and committees. When planning clinical education programs, follows the requirements of the governing body (e.g. ANCC). When planning Continuing Nursing Education (CNE) events, follows all the requirements of ANCC.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS Knowledge as normally obtained through the completion of a Master's degree in Nursing or related field required. If/when functioning as a Nurse Planner a BSN or higher in nursing is required and a current, unencumbered nursing license.
Current RN licensure in state of practice. BLS certification required.
Three to five years work experience in specialty area or related field, or similar experience as an education coordinator/instructor in healthcare environment required. Also requires working knowledge of ancillary and support department responsibilities. Excellent presentation, facilitation and computer technology skills, strong organization and communication skills and the ability to take initiative, solve problems and improve processes required.
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS Professional certification in specialty area preferred. Two or more years in a position with primary responsibility for design and delivery of learning programs for adult learners is preferred.
Additional related education and/or experience preferred.
Internal Number: R23572
About Banner Health
You want to change the health care industry – one life at a time. You belong here. You’re excited to be part of the dramatic changes happening in the health care field. In fact, you thrive on change. But you also understand that excellent, compassionate patient care is the true measure of the success of these changes. You belong at Banner Health. Our award-winning, comprehensive health system includes 23 hospitals in seven western states, primary care health centers, research centers, labs, a network of physician practices and much more. Throughout our system, skilled, compassionate professionals use the latest technology to change the way care is provided. If you’re looking to be a key contributor to a forward-looking organization, you’ll experience a wide variety of professional advantages: •Our vision for changing the future of health care gives you the opportunity to leverage your abilities to achieve something historic. •Our expansive system offers you an unmatched variety of clinical settings – from large urban trauma center to small rural hospital, ambulatory to home health. Our system also includes hospitals specializing in cancer, heart health and pediatrics. •Our many loc...ations also translate into a broad selection of exciting and rewarding lifestyle options – from the big city to the wide-open spaces. •Our commitment to healthcare innovation means you always have the latest technologies at your fingertips to help you provide the finest care possible. •The size, success and growth of our system provide you with the stability and options to pursue your desired career path. •Our competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits offer you options to complement your unique needs.