Health care is constantly changing, and at Banner Health, we are at the front of that change. We are leading health care to make the experience the best it can be. We want to change the lives of those in our care - and the people who choose to take on this challenge. If changing health care for the better sounds like something you want to be part of, we want to hear from you.
As an Senior IT Solution Owner you will have advanced Cerner strategy experience, in-depth integration knowledge across Cerner solutions, and knowledge of Micro Focus ALM required. The ideal candidate will manage key stakeholder and vendor relationships, have knowledge of optimization, standardization and in-depth functionality and workflow. This individual will also possess documented success in integration testing, governance, optimization. dashboards and reporting.
As an Senior IT Solution Owner you will lead and oversee complex projects and initiatives. This critical role ensures that application technologies are appropriate for use, deliver on results, are not duplicative, and that their designs are implemented in an appropriate fashion in support of Clinical, operational, financial, and business requirements. Broad based clinical knowledge in the information of clinical stacks, work as a business leader with accountability in the day to day management, the success, goals and criteria development of a highly clinical with technical oriented solutions to deliver artifacts as well as business driven recommendations for the implementation of clinical solutions.
Your pay and benefits (Total Rewards) are important components of your Journey at Banner Health. Banner Health offers a variety of benefit plans to help you and your family. We provide health and financial security options, so you can focus on being the best at what you do and enjoying your life.
Your pay and benefits are important components of your journey at Banner Health. This opportunity includes the option to participate in a variety of health, financial, and security benefits. In addition, this position may be eligible for our Management Incentive Program as part of your Total Rewards package. Within Banner Health Corporate, you will have the opportunity to apply your unique experience and expertise in support of a nationally-recognized healthcare leader. We offer stimulating and rewarding careers in a wide array of disciplines. Whether your background is in Human Resources, Finance, Information Technology, Legal, Managed Care Programs or Public Relations, you'll find many options for contributing to our award-winning patient care.
POSITION SUMMARY This position participates in the development of the strategic direction and objectives for information technology solutions. Evaluates and translates company plan and goals, forming department annual operating and capital budgets. Interacts with management across diverse areas and multiple states participating in the evaluation of company plan and initiatives to develop actionable projects and activities in support of the company's infostructure and infrastructure.
CORE FUNCTIONS 1. Business Outcomes: Relentless focus on delivering outcomes and value to our business. Evaluates and participates in the development of the company strategic direction and plan and determines the high-level design, direction, and coordination of information technology projects, and solutions. Ensures that department and company standards are implemented and consistently adhered to, ensuring current and future reliability and functionality.
Communicates and demonstrates the corporate values in client-related interactions with clients and staff. Provides administrative, financial and technology support for staff and clients regarding major initiatives. Shares extensive experiences in the industry and a wide breadth of knowledge regarding the clients' objectives and enterprise goals.
2. Technology Standards: Maintains breadth and depth of business subject matter expertise affecting business partners and clients. Researches and maintains knowledge of leading edge business trends that can positively affect business operations. Establishes guidelines and best practices for business consulting. Frequently an industry expert in own field and shares expertise in the industry.
Provides expertise and is the point person on behalf of information technology to JCAHO, Medicare, auditing firms and other regulatory agencies. Assures that departmental staff is trained and adheres to all local, state and federal regulations.
3. Innovation and Futures: Develops and oversees the department budget in conjunction with corporate goals and objectives. This position is accountable for meeting annual budgetary goals. Formulates multi-million-dollar capital and operating budgets in support company's strategic goals and mission. Assembles feasibility studies, request for information/proposal (RFI/RFP) and return on investment (ROI) calculations in defense of these budgets. Negotiates large scale contracts with vendors and monitors expenditures associated budgets.
4. Advisor and Partner: Defines strategic areas of responsibility. Plans and decides upon the reassigning and restructuring of significant organizational resources. Influences and sponsors cross-organizational decisions on work prioritization, resource allocation and long-range standards of performance.
Designs and implements decision-making models, processes and practices. Confidently uses inductive and deductive reasoning to make decisions. Actively participates in making strategic business decisions. Demonstrates the ability to effectively make critical business decisions in high impact situations. Actively coaches others on how to make effective decisions using decision-making processes and techniques.
5. Communication: Presents difficult or complex ideas clearly and effectively, translating complex technical concepts into laymen terms. Relates complex issues and articulates in a straightforward manner. Communicates effectively with a wide variety of technical and business audiences. Considered an excellent public speaker and communicator.
6. Measurements: Uses performance metrics and management observation to identify opportunities for mentoring and developing others. Ensures that employees receive the appropriate level of coaching and mentoring across their area of responsibility. Monitors the effectiveness of coaching and develops required skills in assigned staff.
7. Strategic/Leadership: Hires, trains, conducts performance evaluations, and supervises the workflow for designated staff. This includes initiating promotions, transfers and disciplinary actions. This includes establishing priorities, workloads, controls and work procedures, as well as determines resources needed.
Leads the planning and implementation of change programs that impact critical functions/processes. Partners with other resource managers /change agents to identify opportunities for significant process enhancements. Recommends changes that impact strategic business direction. Sets expectations for monitoring and feedback systems, and reviews performance trends. Evaluates progress and involves peers and team members in analyzing strengths and weaknesses in performance. Improves efficiency by spearheading pilots and planned functional change initiatives
Translates knowledge of the interrelationships between technical elements into business strategies. Understands and can apply enterprise perspective and impact into business and customer issues. Plays a key role in the development of best practices and/or the pioneering of new approaches.
8. Customer Service: Has a long-term perspective in the addressing of clients' needs. Understands and plans for the underlying implications of clients' needs. May trade off immediate costs for the sake of long-term benefits. Develops tools to establish, monitor, track, trend and forecast customer requirements and satisfaction. Plays a leadership role in measuring customer value.
9. This position has company-wide responsibility for a wide range of information technology projects, and hardware and software solutions. Work is performed in a fast-paced multi-tasked environment where there may be conflicting priorities or tight deadlines. The incumbent has critical decision-making authority for projects, designs and solutions and works at peer level with management across diverse areas and multiple states. The incumbent develops content and participates in meetings, presentations, visioning sessions, strategic and planning sessions, implementation activities, and supports functions system wide. Maintains and applies a broad expert knowledge of company policies, procedures, and legal and regulatory requirements.
Must possess strong knowledge as normally obtained through the completion of a bachelor's degree in related field plus progressive experience in a healthcare environment, or equivalent combination of relevant education, technical, business and healthcare experience typically achieved in ten plus years.
Must demonstrate superb knowledge of information technology and healthcare. Needs considerable proven leadership experience in large scale project planning, reporting, and budgeting. Successful candidate will have skills and experience to recruit, mentor, motivate, evaluate, and retain an effective staff.
Requires exceptional communication, presentation, and negotiation skills to engage technical and non-technical audiences. Requires leadership skills with ability to lead, communicate, and interact across facilities and at various levels.
As is typical in this industry, variable shifts and hours and carrying/responding to a pager may be required.
Additional related education and/or experience preferred.
What might draw you to Banner Health? A great health care career, of course—and a great place to live, no matter what stage of life you’re in. With facilities across the West, there is a health care career for everyone, from big city living in the Phoenix area to friendly small towns in the mountains and plains. As one of the largest nonprofit health systems in the country, Banner Health offers both the stability that comes with success and the possibility of exploring new areas of the country. If you’re looking to be a key contributor to a forward-looking organization, you’ll experience a wide variety of professional advantages:
Our expansive system offers you an unmatched variety of clinical settings – from large urban trauma center to small rural hospital, ambulatory to home health.
Our commitment to healthcare innovation means you always have the latest technologies at your fingertips to help you provide the finest care possible.
The size, success and growth of our system provide you with the stability and options to pursue your desired career path.
Competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits offer you options to complement your unique needs.