A rewarding career that fits your life. Those who have joined the Banner mission come from all walks of life, united by the common goal: Make health care easier, so life can be better. If changing health care for the better sounds like something you want to be part of, apply today.
A Contract Management Specialist is in charge of maintaining a robust network of hospitals and physicians for Arizona Healthcare Cost Containment System.
Medicare and Commercial Line of Business. Our culture is to work together to achieve the team goals.
Your pay and benefits are important components of your journey at Banner Health. Banner Health offers a variety of benefits to help you and your family. We provide health and financial security options so you can focus on being the best at what you do and enjoying your life.
Banner Health Network (BHN) is an accountable care organization that joins Arizona's largest health care provider, Banner Health, and an extensive network of primary care and specialty physicians to provide the most comprehensive healthcare solutions for Maricopa County and parts of Pinal County. Through BHN, known nationally as an innovative leader in new health care models, insurance plans and physicians are coming together to work collaboratively to keep members in optimal health, while reducing costs.
POSITION SUMMARY This position administers contracts for the organization. This position participates in the development and implementation of contract management tools and processes to assist in achieving the organization's contracting objectives and strategies.
CORE FUNCTIONS 1. Conducts initial review of proposed contract language. Reviews and revises proposed contracts, ensuring compliance with company policy/guidelines and legal requirements. Assess business terms to be sure the contract supports the company/business unit goals. Works directly with vendors/payer to negotiate and resolve contract issues, preparing contract documents for approval and execution by appropriate company leader.
2. Drafts and reviews contracts or other related documents for execution by appropriate company leader. Verifies intent of proposed contract with internal and external customers (including company and vendor/payer legal counsel).
3. Serves as a resource for internal and external clients to interpret contract language and resolves contract issues by reviewing and interpreting contract terms and originating contract documentation.
4. For assignments in managed care: Conducts analyses and compiles data for review of strategic contract terms for management review and decision making to specified areas of concern. Participates in contract monitoring and support tools (matrices), by reviewing and interpreting contracts, extracting key information for use by internal and/or external customers, and keeping abreast of changes in company locations for inclusion in various matrices. Maintains contract and correspondence file systems, key activity dates report (with corresponding notices of changes to external customers) and contract workflow log.
5. May participate in major projects as needed.
6. This position works independently, reviewing, writing and revising contract language. This position works with vendors or other payers to negotiate contracts which are within company policy/guidelines and legal requirements. Internally interfaces with all levels of company management. Externally interfaces with vendors or other payers.
Performs all functions according to established policies, procedures, regulatory and accreditation requirements, as well as applicable professional standards. Provides all customers of Banner Health with an excellent service experience by consistently demonstrating our core and leader behaviors each and every day.
Experience consistent with a Bachelor's degree in business, healthcare or related field required.
Requires three plus years of legal experience preferably relating to contract drafting, preparation and analysis. Must possess demonstrated skill in problem analysis and resolution; contract management; oral and written communication. Requires highly developed interpersonal and listening skills. Must be able to function independently, possess demonstrated flexibility in multiple project management. Requires strong computer and database skills. Assignments in managed care require strong contract writing skills as well as patient financial claims systems knowledge.
AHCCCS Arizona Healthcare Cost Containment System contracting experience
Additional related education and/or experience preferred.
What might draw you to Banner Health? A great health care career, of course—and a great place to live, no matter what stage of life you’re in. With facilities across the West, there is a health care career for everyone, from big city living in the Phoenix area to friendly small towns in the mountains and plains. As one of the largest nonprofit health systems in the country, Banner Health offers both the stability that comes with success and the possibility of exploring new areas of the country. If you’re looking to be a key contributor to a forward-looking organization, you’ll experience a wide variety of professional advantages:
Our expansive system offers you an unmatched variety of clinical settings – from large urban trauma center to small rural hospital, ambulatory to home health.
Our commitment to healthcare innovation means you always have the latest technologies at your fingertips to help you provide the finest care possible.
The size, success and growth of our system provide you with the stability and options to pursue your desired career path.
Competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits offer you options to complement your unique needs.