Banner Health believes leadership matters. We look for people who share our vision making health care easier, so life can be better. Our leaders are at the front of the health care transformation, planning the future of Banner Health.
The Associate VP, Real Estate Management is a high-impact leader responsible for the management of Banner Health's real estate assets. Reporting to the CFO, this newly created role will have a seat at the table and be the voice of Banner's real estate capabilities and negotiations.
Your pay and benefits are important components of your journey at Banner Health. This opportunity includes the option to participate in a variety of health, financial, and security benefits. In addition, this position may be eligible for our Management Incentive Program as part of your Total Rewards package. Within Banner Health Corporate, you will have the opportunity to apply your unique experience and expertise in support of a nationally-recognized healthcare leader. We offer stimulating and rewarding careers in a wide array of disciplines. Whether your background is in Human Resources, Finance, Information Technology, Legal, Managed Care Programs or Public Relations, you'll find many options for contributing to our award-winning patient care.
This position is responsible for providing leadership in the development, implementation, and oversight of Banner Health's real estate strategy, portfolio, and various transaction negotiation activities. Position will include the establishment of real estate transaction and financing standards (by asset class) , real estate tracking and management systems, policies and procedures in alignment with organizational strategic initiatives for enterprise wide real estate strategies, assets, and portfolio management activities to support all asset classes of real estate across Banner's operating and administrative divisions. This position serves as the real estate portfolio leader and primary advisor to the organization's senior management team on matters related to assigned area of responsibility. This position provides real estate transaction leadership for negotiation of various financing, leasing, and/or real estate acquisition, sale, or dissolution activities of the enterprise.
This position is expected to report directly to the Chief Financial Officer for Banner Health, with a matrix reporting relationship to the Senior Vice President of Finance for Banner and the Vice President of Strategic Planning in an effort to collaborate on various real estate transactions for the enterprise. This position will serve as a team member for various strategic planning, market and project development activities where real estate transactions are part of said planning and development activities.
CORE FUNCTIONS 1. Provides direct negotiation and establishment of new leases, revisions and renewals for current leases, acquisitions / dispositions, site selection, evaluation and property management.
2. Provides direct oversight and organization of Banner's real estate portfolio by asset class, financing strategy, market location, and other pertinent aspects of Banner's real estate holdings. Position provides for direct development of Banner's real estate strategy and supporting financing strategies by asset class and other pertinent aspects of Banner's real estate holdings.
3. Carry out lease transaction projects including defining requirements, comprehensive market analyses, requesting lease proposals, performing financial and qualitative analyses, negotiating deal terms with all parties, securing approvals from executive management, and executing leases.
4. Directs, supervises, and evaluates the work of staff. Holds management staff accountable for achieving plans and performance targets. Works with them to identify and resolve the most complex issues and problems impacting initiatives and operations. Develops staff to ensure continued professional growth and to provide the competencies the company needs to support its growth and long-term success. Articulates and demonstrates an expectation for continuous quality improvement utilizing processes that include consideration of all stakeholders. Fosters an environment that focuses on processes and outcomes.
5. Builds and supports effective collegial relationships with applicable internal and external stakeholders and organizations, ensuring and fostering a high level of collaboration in order to develop partnerships, coordinate activities, review work, exchange information, and/or resolve problems. Promotes and models positive relationships among various entities. Position will require special emphasis on the collaboration with SVP Finance and VP Strategic Planning as a part of Banner's overall real estate strategy in connection with various planning and development activities of the enterprise.
6. Develops, reviews, and monitors financial and performance outcomes to assure attainment of organizational objectives established by corporate leadership and the Board of Directors. Maintains an effective budgeting and capital planning discipline in conjunction with operational management to ensure planned revenues, expenses, and/or profit goals are met.
7. Reviews, prepares, analyzes, and presents reports and recommendations to senior management regarding operations and/or other applicable areas of interest in order to provide concise and accurate information that aids in decision-making. Position will require specific collaboration with Banner's Accounting team, in particular with the Director, Leasing to carry out the overall real estate affairs of the enterprise.
8. May serve as a staff resource to the organization's Governing Board and/or applicable committees. Develops, implements, and reports to the Board on strategic initiatives, outcomes, and measurements.
9. This position has administrative leadership responsibility for the daily operation of multiple services and departments within a broad division. This position requires the skill to negotiate. Customers of this position are both internal and external, including leadership, staff, medical staff, regulatory agencies, and the community.
Performs all functions according to established policies, procedures, regulatory and accreditation requirements, as well as applicable professional standards. Provides all customers of Banner Health with an excellent service experience by consistently demonstrating our core and leader behaviors each and every day.
Banner Health Leadership will strive to uphold the mission, values, and purpose of the organization. They will serve as role models for staff and act in a people-centered, service excellence-focused, and results-oriented manner.
Master's Degree in Business, Health Services Administration or a relevant field, or equivalent level of education and experience. Strong knowledge of operations in applicable area(s) of position responsibility, as normally obtained through seven years of progressively responsible managerial experience in applicable area(s) of position responsibility, including a minimum of three years management level experience within a health care system setting or large multi-operational, complex corporate environment.
Depending upon assigned area of responsibility, position may require applicable certifications and/or licensures, including but not limited to: RN; MD or DO; CPA; SPHR; JD from an American Bar Association accredited school; admission to a State Bar Association.
Experience working in a large, highly-matrixed, integrated delivery system in a senior management level position. Proven track record of driving strategic and performance outcomes, as well as accomplishing organizational goals. Experience anticipating and responding to the needs of internal and external customers. Proven experience in managing fiscally sound, profitable, efficient, and responsible operations. Strong financial and business acumen. Knowledge of budgeting and forecasting methodologies. Skilled in effectively engaging management level staff, employees, and stakeholders in order to build partnerships, achieve strategic initiatives, and attain organizational goals; managing problems and situations where uncertainty is inherent; constructing new and innovative solutions for complex and varying problems and situations while approaching issues/problems by considering the larger perspective or context; mentoring and coaching management level staff by providing open and honest feedback that results in enhanced performance outcomes; developing and implementing strategic goals and initiatives that demonstrate a strong commitment to organizational success; effectively allocating resources in order to accomplish organizational goals; quickly assessing and assimilating organizational and industry financial dynamics in order to make appropriate decisions and act quickly on new initiatives; negotiating win-win scenarios with outside vendors/partners while representing the organization in the best possible light; developing collaborative relationships with internal and/or external strategic partners and/or other applicable parties. Leadership style and characteristics necessary to effectively perform in this role include: systems-thinker; innovative; collaborator; ability to work with teams; good listening; nonvolatile; values multiple disciplines; community visibility and leadership; and passionate about continuous improvement and providing high quality service to our customers.
Additional related education and/or experience preferred.
What might draw you to Banner Health? A great health care career, of course—and a great place to live, no matter what stage of life you’re in. With facilities across the West, there is a health care career for everyone, from big city living in the Phoenix area to friendly small towns in the mountains and plains. As one of the largest nonprofit health systems in the country, Banner Health offers both the stability that comes with success and the possibility of exploring new areas of the country. If you’re looking to be a key contributor to a forward-looking organization, you’ll experience a wide variety of professional advantages:
Our expansive system offers you an unmatched variety of clinical settings – from large urban trauma center to small rural hospital, ambulatory to home health.
Our commitment to healthcare innovation means you always have the latest technologies at your fingertips to help you provide the finest care possible.
The size, success and growth of our system provide you with the stability and options to pursue your desired career path.
Competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits offer you options to complement your unique needs.