Health care is constantly changing, and at Banner Health, we are at the front of that change. We are leading health care to make the experience the best it can be. We want to change the lives of those in our care - and the people who choose to take on this challenge. If changing health care for the better sounds like something you want to be part of, we want to hear from you.
Banner Health's Enterprise Data Management, Reporting and Analytics team oversees all aspects of Banner data. On this team, we engineer cutting edge and creative solutions for storing, organizing, sharing and consuming of Banner's many data sources. From large repositories of data from Banner's multitude of source systems to the creation of self-service dashboards and data tools for the entire Banner Health community, this exciting team helps Banner Health keep a pulse on productivity, performance, and opportunities for improvement.
As an IT Solution Owner , you will be responsible for owning internal and external communications, demonstrations, and sharing of our tools across the Banner community and with our business partners. Optimizing our processes for operationalizing communication with external vendors and affiliated provider practices, organizing presentation and team town-hall meetings, and supporting the many communication functions of our VP of Enterprise Data Management and our 100+ person team will prove to be engaging and rewarding!
Your pay and benefits are important components of your journey at Banner Health. This opportunity includes the option to participate in a variety of health, financial, and security benefits. In addition, this position may be eligible for our Management Incentive Program as part of your Total Rewards package. Within Banner Health Corporate, you will have the opportunity to apply your unique experience and expertise in support of a nationally-recognized healthcare leader. We offer stimulating and rewarding careers in a wide array of disciplines. Whether your background is in Human Resources, Finance, Information Technology, Legal, Managed Care Programs or Public Relations, you'll find many options for contributing to our award-winning patient care.
POSITION SUMMARY This position is responsible for planning, organizing and day to day management of information technology projects, applications and professionals. Incumbent participates in the development and implementation of information technology strategies to achieve desired outcomes. Incumbent is expected to work with management across diverse areas and multiple states to pursue system wide solutions and approaches.
1. Business Outcomes: Relentless focus on delivering outcomes and value to our business. Coaches staff regarding enhancements to plans and implementations based on extensive experiences in the industry and a wide breadth of knowledge regarding clients' operational needs. Identifies strategic level initiatives through input from staff, vendors, and clients. Regularly meets with senior clients to discuss changes in the business and shares potential opportunities in the business. Develops tactical and strategic initiatives to proactively address client needs.
2. Technology Standards: Participates in the design, direction, and coordination of information technology projects, systems or applications. Ensures that department and company standards are implemented and consistently adhered to, ensuring current and future reliability and functionality. Collaborates with business partners and clients on key business issues and plays a part in the making process. Offers constructive advice on business processes, functions, and re-engineering opportunities resulting from the implementation of technology. Can present broad, complex information and concepts in an influential or persuasive way that results in action.
May conduct project planning for assigned work streams following the current selected methodology including: managing tasks, deliverables and milestones; identify and track project issues, risks, decisions and action items; will perform weekly status updates and update team dashboards; manage changes to plans through change controls and re-base lining processes; plan & schedule meetings as necessary, create agendas and documenting minutes; help prepare work stream deliverables.
3. Innovation and Futures: Participates in feasibility studies, request for information/proposal (RFI/RFP) assembly, return on investment (ROI) calculations, capital or operating budgets or other high-level strategic planning sessions.
4. Advisor and Partner: Sets enhanced objectives for self and others. Monitors performance trends and identifies opportunities to improve standards. Provides regular feedback and suggests alternative approaches necessary to ensure that organizational objectives and superior standards are achieved. Delegates responsibility and reallocates resources, as needed, to ensure that priorities are met.
5. Communication: Presents information or ideas to the interests, level and needs of the audience. Actively engages participants and encourages input. Uses group process skills to ensure that the agenda is met. Promotes and facilitates free and open communication. Adapts choice of language and presentation of ideas to fit various needs and perspectives of audiences.
6. Measurements: Proactively plans development and mentoring activities for direct reports. Identifies opportunities for hands-on work that might enhance the growth of others and facilitate the process. Frequently shares own experiences with direct reports and others for the purpose of improving their personal and professional development.
7. Strategic/Leadership: Hires, trains, conducts performance evaluations, and supervises the workflow for designated staff. This includes initiating promotions, transfers and disciplinary actions. This includes establishing priorities, workloads, controls and work procedures, as well as determines resources needed.
Participates in change programs by planning implementation activities with other change champions. Interprets the meaning of new strategic directions for the work group and sets objectives and standards. Implements monitoring and feedback systems. Evaluates progress and finds ways of making continuous improvements. Solicits and offers ideas for improving primary business processes. Improves effectiveness and efficiency through the involvement of peers and business partners by initiating new approaches.
8. Customer Service: Thinks proactively and independently about clients' needs and collaborates with clients to develop best approaches to certain issues. Synthesizes the needs of multiple customers in the coordination of complex multiple services. Participates and may lead task forces to plan, implement, and coordinate facility activities to maximize service quality, effectiveness and efficiency.
9. This position has company wide responsibility for selected information technology projects, systems or applications. Work is performed in a fast paced multi-tasked environment where there may be conflicting priorities or tight deadlines. The incumbent has decision-making authority for projects and applications and works at peer level with management across diverse areas and multiple states. The incumbent participates in meetings, presentations, visioning sessions, strategic and planning sessions, implementation activities, and supports functions system wide. Maintains and applies a broad knowledge of company policies, procedures, and legal and regulatory requirements.
Must possess strong knowledge as normally obtained through the completion of a bachelor's degree in related field plus progressive experience in a healthcare environment, or equivalent combination of relevant education, technical, business and healthcare experience typically achieved in seven plus years.
Must demonstrate substantial knowledge of information technology, healthcare, and/or operations for an assigned specialty area. Needs significant proven leadership experience in large scale project planning, reporting, and budgeting. May need experience with specific IT process methodology depending on assigned areas of responsibility.
Requires exceptional communication, presentation, and negotiation skills to engage technical and non-technical audiences. Requires leadership skills with ability to lead, communicate, and interact across facilities and at various levels. Successful candidate will have skills and experience to recruit, mentor, motivate, evaluate, and retain staff.
As is typical in this industry, variable shifts and hours and carrying/responding to a pager may be required.
Additional related education and/or experience preferred.
What might draw you to Banner Health? A great health care career, of course—and a great place to live, no matter what stage of life you’re in. With facilities across the West, there is a health care career for everyone, from big city living in the Phoenix area to friendly small towns in the mountains and plains. As one of the largest nonprofit health systems in the country, Banner Health offers both the stability that comes with success and the possibility of exploring new areas of the country. If you’re looking to be a key contributor to a forward-looking organization, you’ll experience a wide variety of professional advantages:
Our expansive system offers you an unmatched variety of clinical settings – from large urban trauma center to small rural hospital, ambulatory to home health.
Our commitment to healthcare innovation means you always have the latest technologies at your fingertips to help you provide the finest care possible.
The size, success and growth of our system provide you with the stability and options to pursue your desired career path.
Competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits offer you options to complement your unique needs.