Your Journey with us began the moment you made the choice to seek a career with Banner Health. Whether you are just beginning your career or your Journey has spanned 30 years, Banner's employer commitment is: "We'll help make a difference in your life and career so you can make a difference in the lives of others."
This position is designed to grow in scope and play off of your strengths. You will dip into all aspects of operations and project management. From partnering with our marketing team, policy creation & management, or education, this is a position that is designed to evolve as the department does.
In this evolving role you will be centrally located at our Banner Health Corporate Mesa office, where you will be working along our Senior Director and management team to complete projects within the Transfer Services space.
Banner Health Transfer Services is a centralized 24/7 department responsible for managing the transfer of patients for needed medical services. The department receives requests from emergency departments and hospitals across the state who are unable to meet the patient's acute care needs. Banner Health Transfer Services supports placement of these patients by an in depth understanding of the services available across the Banner system. As an integral component of the Banner Health System, the Transfer Services supports the transfer needs of over 60,000 patients annually and is poised for growth as Banner Health expands its services. Banner Health Transfer Services utilizes multiple software platforms that are designed to meet the specific communication and documentation needs for complex transfers.
Prior experience in the following areas within Healthcare is preferred: project management, operations, or marketing.
This position will work Monday - Friday.
Within Banner Health Corporate, you will have the opportunity to apply your unique experience and expertise in support of a nationally-recognized healthcare leader. We offer stimulating and rewarding careers in a wide array of disciplines. Whether your background is in Human Resources, Finance, Information Technology, Legal, Managed Care Programs or Public Relations, you'll find many options for contributing to our award-winning patient care.
POSITION SUMMARY This position is responsible for the coordination of patient movement across multiple Banner acute care hospitals and non-Banner hospitals and clinics. The Operations Logistics Coordinator II may be assigned a busy level I trauma Banner hospital responsible for receiving patients from critical access hospitals throughout the state. Or the Operations Logistics Coordinator II may be assigned the transfer logistics of patient movement in conjunction with the RN Clinical Referral Specialist who manages the safe movement of patients between hospitals. In each assignment, the coordination with stakeholders occurs to procure patient bed assignments and to manage the logistics of the patient's bed needs. Operations Logistics Coordinators assigned to large facility receiving hospitals will manage the internal hospital throughput in conjunction with the house supervisor by arranging for patients coming from the Emergency Department, procedural areas, transfers from other facilities & from home, as well as the internal movement of patients when status changes occur. Operations Logistics Coordinators assigned to the transfer team will collaborate with sending and receiving facility across the state as well as with other Operations Logistics Coordinators to assure safe patient transfer. This position requires systems thinking, the ability to manage many conflicting priorities, excellent communication skills and proficiency with multiple computer applications. Serves as a liaison between both internal and external customers as well as providing ongoing support to the house supervisor and/or RN Clinical Referral Specialist to implement their throughput plan. Manages data as related to operations. Performs Utilization Management functions as required by the system.
CORE FUNCTIONS 1. Acts in conjunction with the house supervisor and/or Clinical Referral Specialist to manage daily throughput across the Banner system and supports the command center for the organization through surge management and assistance with logistics work for Banner's Emergency Operations Center in the event of disaster management in the region. Coordinates with internal and external personnel or a liaison of multiple hospitals and clinics such as staffing representative, unit leaders and procedural area leaders to manage patient movement. May be responsible for setting up patient transport and communicating pick up and arrival times. Maintains list of anticipated needs and projects the eb and flow of the hospitals to plan throughput and manage resources.
2. Responds to the electronic or verbal orders for patient's placement into a Banner hospital by entering bed request or bed assignments into transfer or bed placement software timely and correctly. Files and archives completed, and cancelled orders per department processes. Completes multiple steps for the placement of each patient including electronic and verbal communications with the necessary stakeholders and updating multiple computer applications. Receives, verifies, and provides ongoing follow-up requests and referrals/orders.
3. Gathers all information for correct patient assignments and verifies accuracy of that information. Seeks clarification when inaccuracies occur. Follows through with resolving inaccuracies, communicates resolution in real time. Unresolved issues are escalated to appropriate nursing leadership for intervention. Prioritizes the safe transition of patients throughout the process.
4. Completes and distributes any ad hoc reports which are necessary for patient throughput management and communication. Collects and logs any data which may be requested, and other duties as assigned.
5. May be assigned a supervisory role over other Operations Logistics Coordinators.
6. System based position with regional impact on patient throughput, resource utilization and the patient experience. Coordinates with multiple stakeholders, manages conflicting priorities in an environment which is fast paced and demands attention to detail. Efficiently balances requests for patient beds and transfers with available resources which may be limited and under tight deadlines. Provides excellent customer service to other Banner employees and providers of patient care, as well as other hospital systems and clinics while maintaining communication to ensure safe patient movement.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS High school diploma/GED or equivalent working knowledge.
The position also requires skills and abilities typically gained with two to four years of experience in a healthcare office or hospital operations setting, and/or educational background. Must have medical terminology gained by either college credits or experience in a health care setting, excellent verbal and written communication skills, organizational skills and critical thinking skills. Must have the ability to work under tight time constraints and meet deadlines while working on a variety of projects under high demands.
Must be proficient with commonly used office software and equipment including but not limited to all Microsoft applications, hospital EMR and bed placement and transfer logistics software.
What might draw you to Banner Health? A great health care career, of course—and a great place to live, no matter what stage of life you’re in. With facilities across the West, there is a health care career for everyone, from big city living in the Phoenix area to friendly small towns in the mountains and plains. As one of the largest nonprofit health systems in the country, Banner Health offers both the stability that comes with success and the possibility of exploring new areas of the country. If you’re looking to be a key contributor to a forward-looking organization, you’ll experience a wide variety of professional advantages:
Our expansive system offers you an unmatched variety of clinical settings – from large urban trauma center to small rural hospital, ambulatory to home health.
Our commitment to healthcare innovation means you always have the latest technologies at your fingertips to help you provide the finest care possible.
The size, success and growth of our system provide you with the stability and options to pursue your desired career path.
Competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits offer you options to complement your unique needs.