Great careers are built at Banner Health. There's more to health care than doctors and nurses. We support all staff members as they find the path that's right for them. Apply today, this could be the perfect opportunity for you.
Banner is seeking a Senior Plumber to join their Banner Desert Medical Center. Must have current Plumber License and have at least six years of diversified work experience as a plumber and the ability to demonstrate advanced skills in the plumbing and mechanical field.
Your pay and benefits are important components of your journey at Banner Health. Banner Health offers a variety of benefits to help you and your family. We provide health and financial security options so you can focus on being the best at what you do and enjoying your life.
Within Banner Health Corporate, you will have the opportunity to apply your unique experience and expertise in support of a nationally-recognized healthcare leader. We offer stimulating and rewarding careers in a wide array of disciplines. Whether your background is in Human Resources, Finance, Information Technology, Legal, Managed Care Programs or Public Relations, you'll find many options for contributing to our award-winning patient care.
POSITION SUMMARY This position is responsible for conducting preventative and corrective work to the facility center's plumbing infrastructure and equipment including but not limited to domestic water systems, waste water systems, medical gas systems and specialized water systems and equipment. Reviews construction and remodeling projects and contracted plumbing and mechanical work for code compliance and compatibility to existing plumbing and mechanical systems. Works with and assists other trades in completing required tasks.
CORE FUNCTIONS 1. Inspects, maintains, repairs and replaces water and sewage pipes, valves and fixtures. Assembles, installs, rebuilds and repairs fixtures such as sinks, showers, commodes, bath tubs, waste disposals and other special equipment. Keeps the designated Facilities Services manager informed as to the needs and / or changes required to keep the facilities infrastructure systems operating in a safe and well maintained condition.
2. Coordinates the preventative maintenance program of all plumbing distribution systems, including domestic water systems, waste water systems, medical gas systems and specialized water systems and equipment in order to ensure the integrity and reliability of the plumbing distribution systems. Monitors and modifies the plumbing preventive maintenance program to assure maximum effectiveness; provides all required and appropriate documentation.
3. Modifies existing structures by cutting, drilling or whatever the need to install fixtures and related materials. Monitors systems and installation processes to ensure the integrity of assigned plumbing, mechanical and infrastructure systems. As assigned, monitors plumbing construction, installation and commissioning activities.
4. Participates with all other divisions and departments to meet the facility plumbing maintenance, installation and construction needs. Recommends use of outside plumbing and mechanical specialty contractors as appropriate. Monitors outside plumbing and mechanical specialty contractors to assure compliance with established hospital standards.
5. Provides mentorship and training for members of the Facilities Services department staff. Instructs personnel regarding plumbing hazards to ensure the safe operation and use of equipment. Provides guidance, direction and oversight for plumbing training.
6. Maintains plumbing system parts, materials and supplies at an appropriate level within budgetary constraints. Maintains plumbing replacement schedules and records to keep within the projected capital equipment budget. Provides input to the designated Facilities Services manager for department specifications for all components of the hospital's plumbing systems.
7. Oversees and maintains records for facility compliance with all applicable Authorities Having Jurisdiction including local, state, federal and all other regulatory codes pertaining to any and all components of the facilities plumbing systems. As required, attends annual code compliance training and performs other assigned duties.
8. Works independently. Fulfills responsibilities using specialized skills and knowledge. This position interacts with a wide variety of individuals including staff, co-workers, patients, physicians, visitors, regulatory agencies, surveyors, inspectors, contractors, and vendors. This position is facility based and has no budgetary responsibilities.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS High school diploma/GED or equivalent working knowledge.
This requires a current Plumber's License as required by the state or applicable authorities having jurisdiction. Requires working knowledge and certification as required of applicable regulatory codes and State and local building codes.
Requires at least six years of diversified work experience as a plumber and the ability to demonstrate advanced skills in the plumbing and mechanical field. Must have working knowledge of plumbing and mechanical infrastructure systems and components common to the healthcare environment. Must be able to exercise independent decision making and judgment in the performance of all duties. Requires the ability to work safely and effectively with plumbing equipment. May require Medical Gas certifications. Must be proficient in reading and understanding related and required maintenance and construction documents. Effective verbal and written communication skills are required.
Must be able to work effectively with common office software programs.
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS Prefer a Master Plumber license if offered by the state. Previous construction experience is preferred. Five to seven years of previous healthcare Facilities Services experience is preferred.
Additional related education and/or experience preferred.
What might draw you to Banner Health? A great health care career, of course—and a great place to live, no matter what stage of life you’re in. With facilities across the West, there is a health care career for everyone, from big city living in the Phoenix area to friendly small towns in the mountains and plains. As one of the largest nonprofit health systems in the country, Banner Health offers both the stability that comes with success and the possibility of exploring new areas of the country. If you’re looking to be a key contributor to a forward-looking organization, you’ll experience a wide variety of professional advantages:
Our expansive system offers you an unmatched variety of clinical settings – from large urban trauma center to small rural hospital, ambulatory to home health.
Our commitment to healthcare innovation means you always have the latest technologies at your fingertips to help you provide the finest care possible.
The size, success and growth of our system provide you with the stability and options to pursue your desired career path.
Competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits offer you options to complement your unique needs.