Health care is constantly changing, and at Banner Health, we are at the front of that change. We are leading health care to make the experience the best it can be. We want to change the lives of those in our care - and the people who choose to take on this challenge. If changing health care for the better sounds like something you want to be part of, we want to hear from you.
As an IT Business System Analyst (II and IV) you will act as key liaison with IT product owners and the various IT vendors across the organization. The ability to analyze vendor spend and negotiate business terms with the vendors will build the base for improving vendor performance and reducing cost throughout the IT spend portfolio.
Within Banner Health Corporate, you will have the opportunity to apply your unique experience and expertise in support of a nationally-recognized healthcare leader. We offer stimulating and rewarding careers in a wide array of disciplines. Whether your background is in Human Resources, Finance, Information Technology, Legal, Managed Care Programs or Public Relations, you'll find many options for contributing to our award-winning patient care.
This position is responsible for delivering IT Strategic Delivery objectives to plan and designing, developing, and implementing, efficient business, technical, financial, and operational practices or systems in support of core organizational functions and business processes. This includes gathering and analyzing data or requirements in support of business cases, vendor negotiations, proposed projects, and systems requirements. This individual is competent to work at the highest practical understanding of the Essential Functions across the IT Strategic Delivery organization. You will be required to apply proven communication, analytical, technical, and problem-solving skills to help maximize the benefit of IT Strategic Delivery practices and investments. Provides all customers, both internal and external, of Banner Health with excellent service experience by consistently demonstrating our core and leader behaviors each and every day.
1. Manage and lead process enhancement and redesign efforts to streamline IT Strategic Delivery. Review and analyze the effectiveness and efficiency of existing systems and processes to develop strategies for improving or further leveraging, consolidating, or decommissioning.
2. Lead creation and identification to establish scope and parameters of required analysis for Vendor Management efforts, in order to define outcome criteria and deliver measurable actions as part of daily efforts as well as in projects with the ability to communicate effectively at all levels of the organization
3. Determine key data points from raw data and generate information to create meaningful actionable metrics and represent at an executive level
4. Lead and assist others in the translation of complex, technical specifications into understandable and actionable business requirements.
5. Ability to lead and manage financial planning processes and deliver financial results and reporting including month end, total cost of ownership, ROI, and CBA.
6. Drive vendor research efforts to justify recommendations and to support decision making with the ability to communicate effectively at all levels of the organization.
7. Provides guidance, direction, and oversight for compliance with all federal, state, and local mandated information security laws, rules, and guidelines. Remain current with the latest industry information and perform all functions according to established policies, procedures, and regulatory requirements.
8. Ability to interpret, evaluate, manage, and strategize vendor relationships. Work independently and with teams with minimal oversight. Serve as a subject matter expert and lead junior team members.
9. Under general direction, this position is responsible for IT Strategic Delivery across multiple departments system-wide and requires interaction at all levels of staff and management.
Must possess strong knowledge of business, vendor management, category management, information technology and/or computer science as normally obtained through the completion of a bachelor's degree. Must possess five plus years of experience in a healthcare or related environment or an equivalent combination of relevant education, technical, business and healthcare experience. Must demonstrate expertise in information technology and healthcare. Needs experience in medium to large scale project planning and reporting either individually or in a team. Requires communication and presentation skills to engage technical and non-technical audiences. Requires ability to communicate and interact across facilities and at various levels. Ability to balance project workloads with customer support and on-call demands. As is typical in this industry, variable shifts and hours and carrying/responding to a pager may be required.
Demonstrate proficiency with the Microsoft Suite of products and other tools depending on position requirements.
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS Advanced degree may substitute for work experience.
Additional related education and/or experience preferred.
What might draw you to Banner Health? A great health care career, of course—and a great place to live, no matter what stage of life you’re in. With facilities across the West, there is a health care career for everyone, from big city living in the Phoenix area to friendly small towns in the mountains and plains. As one of the largest nonprofit health systems in the country, Banner Health offers both the stability that comes with success and the possibility of exploring new areas of the country. If you’re looking to be a key contributor to a forward-looking organization, you’ll experience a wide variety of professional advantages:
Our expansive system offers you an unmatched variety of clinical settings – from large urban trauma center to small rural hospital, ambulatory to home health.
Our commitment to healthcare innovation means you always have the latest technologies at your fingertips to help you provide the finest care possible.
The size, success and growth of our system provide you with the stability and options to pursue your desired career path.
Competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits offer you options to complement your unique needs.