Those who have joined the Banner mission come from all walks of life, united by the common goal: Make health care easier, so life can be better. If changing health care for the better sounds like something you want to be part of, we want to hear from you.
The Consumer Experience Representative is responsible for providing a white-glove customer service experience to our callers. This customer service role delivers Banner physician referrals and also registers our callers for our many community events. We deliver a best in class customer experience through our empathetic and customer-obsessed role. Using our referral and registration tools, you will choose and provide a physician referral based on the needs of the caller, in addition to collecting data and registering for classes. The customer experience representative role is designed to collectively meet Banner's goals emphasizing excellent customer service and making a difference in our patient's lives.
In this role, you will be answering calls from the public who may need a physician referral or who would like to attend a community event. You will provide a high level of customer service through an empathetic and compassionate interaction over the phone. You will be collecting necessary caller information that will guide you in providing a referral. You may also be collecting payment information for various classes. The goal is to provide a white-glove customer service experience that will excite the caller about doing their business with Banner Health and leave a positive impression.
The Shift for this position is: 8 am - 4:30 pm, Monday through Friday
New hires at Banner Health may qualify for participation in Arizona's Back to Work Program ; which provides a one-time payment of $2,000 for eligible participants! Additional information about this program may be found at AZDES .
Your pay and benefits (Total Rewards) are important components of your Journey at Banner Health. Banner Health offers a variety of benefit plans to help you and your family. We provide health and financial security options so you can focus on being the best at what you do and enjoying your life.
Within Banner Health Corporate, you will have the opportunity to apply your unique experience and expertise in support of a nationally-recognized healthcare leader. We offer stimulating and rewarding careers in a wide array of disciplines. Whether your background is in Human Resources, Finance, Information Technology, Legal, Managed Care Programs or Public Relations, you'll find many options for contributing to our award-winning patient care.
POSITION SUMMARY This position coordinates and processes inbound and outbound calls and tasks for several facilities and the community. Provides quality customer service and accurate information to internal and external customers by efficiently processing and responding to all incoming, outgoing, interdepartmental & community calls, emails and other correspondence.
CORE FUNCTIONS 1. Accurately and efficiently processes a high volume of incoming, outgoing and interdepartmental calls providing information to callers and responding to caller requests in a professional, confidential and courteous manner. Follows written and computer based procedures to ensure that calls are processed according to individual facility guidelines.
2. Maintains accurate and timely information provided by internal departments for physician referrals and class/event schedules. Includes entry of information into database as well as upkeep. Maintains accurate documentation related to this work.
3. Uses the computer and telephone to access information for a designated group of facilities, processing calls, referrals and scheduling for patients, staff, and the community at large. Locates database information quickly and process calls accurately utilizing computer based software, web-based and database information, patient databases, organization's intranet, and other available resources.
4. Completes scheduling and physician Referral functionality for internal and external contacts. Follows detailed instructions established by each educator or department and shows initiative and problem solving skills when handling difficult or challenging situations. Maintains accurate documentation in electronic database and written records as set forth by each educator or department.
5. As assigned, process payments and ensure security and confidentiality of electronic credit card payments, adjustments, correspondence, refunds, in an accurate and timely manner, meeting goals in work quality and productivity. Coordinates with other staff members and department staff as necessary ensure correct processing. May perform other office and clerical support work including, but not limited to, making copies, sending faxes communication with patients and Banner Health staff and/or other routine responsibilities.
6. Maintains and organizes class and event schedule as well as physician profiles within a database, paperwork and/or documentation and ensures the confidentiality of those items.
7. Works closely with all departments, staff and customers for several facilities to ensure efficient operations. Customers include patients, employees, volunteers, departments, physicians, organizational entities, external vendors and the community at large.
High school diploma/GED or equivalent working knowledge. Reading, writing and math skills.
Must possess a general knowledge of operations in a telephone/customer service environment, specifically with a call center and/or switchboard telephone system, as normally demonstrated through one to two years of experience.
Must possess excellent oral and written communication, as well as listening skills to effectively interact pleasantly and calmly with incoming callers. Must possess basis computer skills, including familiarity with computer keyboards. Must be able to effectively prioritize and make sound decisions following established department policies, procedures and standards. Ability to multi-task in a fast paced environment with frequent interruptions. Must be able to learn and apply department procedures to react quickly to emergency situations, as well as process calls within defined standards. Must possess the ability to work cohesively in a team environment, as well as train and act as a mentor to peers.
Experience with a hospital switchboard strongly preferred.
Additional related education and/or experience preferred.
What might draw you to Banner Health? A great health care career, of course—and a great place to live, no matter what stage of life you’re in. With facilities across the West, there is a health care career for everyone, from big city living in the Phoenix area to friendly small towns in the mountains and plains. As one of the largest nonprofit health systems in the country, Banner Health offers both the stability that comes with success and the possibility of exploring new areas of the country. If you’re looking to be a key contributor to a forward-looking organization, you’ll experience a wide variety of professional advantages:
Our expansive system offers you an unmatched variety of clinical settings – from large urban trauma center to small rural hospital, ambulatory to home health.
Our commitment to healthcare innovation means you always have the latest technologies at your fingertips to help you provide the finest care possible.
The size, success and growth of our system provide you with the stability and options to pursue your desired career path.
Competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits offer you options to complement your unique needs.